Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Perspective



I had some down time at work today, and I also had my Mac with me, so I spent a great deal of time looking at pictures. Isn't it funny how girls ALWAYS think they're fat? I look at pictures from my wedding and remember the crying fit I had in the dressing room at Dillards trying on swimsuits for my honeymoon. I wanted so much to be beautiful for my husband, and I felt like an utter failure.

Fast forward 2.5 years: I'm just three months out from giving birth, I weigh more than I have weighed since my sophomore year in college, and I have never felt more beautiful. The difference? Self-confidence and a change in perspective. Having Liam changed the way I see everything, and for the better. Yes, I am very ready to lose the baby weight, but my value as a person doesn't depend on it. I want to be healthy and honor God with my body, but I'm not going to say negative things about myself, to myself, because I'm not where I want to be.

Motherhood has had such a positive impact on me in the first three months; I can't wait to see what's next!

1 comment:

  1. this is great perspective and i agree with you! motherhood makes you a new person in so many ways. you're doing great! taking care of our babies is our #1 priority. everything else will fall into place.

    ReplyDelete