Friday, February 4, 2011

3 months later


I am totally obsessed with this picture today. Even while I was feeding Liam this afternoon, holding the real deal in my arms, I couldn't stop looking at this picture. He was SO tiny! Sometimes it's hard for me to see this tiny baby in the little 3 month old I hold in my arms.

The postpartum period was really hard for me. Even as I was going through it, I had such conflicted feelings. I wanted it to be over so badly; I wanted him to be a little older and for our life to have some sense of normalcy again. But even as I had those thoughts, I had enormous waves of guilt at wishing his little life away. I knew there would come a day where I would want him to be teeny tiny again, and I could never get it back. The hormones of a woman who has just given birth are murder on her thoughts and emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment