Monday, February 21, 2011

Looking Ahead




Daddy Daycare is officially over, and the Tyranny of Mom has resumed (that's what Will calls it, in jest, mostly because I make Liam do stuff like tummy time.) I truly enjoyed my day with my son, especially the three hour nap we took together. I am so aware that I'm not guaranteed another second with this precious being, so I'm just trying to soak in what I can. But I'm also really looking forward to the future. Not in a 'wishing his life away' way, but just really looking forward to getting to know him, have conversations with him, do things with him. I'm going to be honest: at least once a week I think about how I can't wait to go to Disney World with him! Sometimes I'll look at him when he's passed out on either Will or I and think, "That's what he'll look like when we're carrying him out of the Magic Kingdom at 10 o'clock at night."

My heart is full. I can't wait to experience this little guy's life. And I also can't wait until 7:30 tomorrow morning when I get to start another day with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment