Friday, February 25, 2011

Oh Dear




So my Mom is town this weekend, and she stopped by our place to see Liam before he went to bed. She hasn't seen him since January, when she stayed overnight with him the very first time Mommy and Daddy went away for the night.

She walked into the kitchen this evening, where we had just taken Liam out of the bath, and he was laying on the counter. She didn't get within 3 feet of him before he started SHRIEKING, and rolling away from her. I'm serious, he was SHRIEKING. I have never seen anything like it.

Now, let me say this: I am confident beyond a shadow of a doubt that my mother has not, nor would she ever, harm my child. Or any child, for that matter.

I think what happened tonight was an amplified version of what happened with my mother in law on Wednesday. I think Liam remembers being left. With Donna, we've never left him for very long (a couple of hours, tops), so the reaction wasn't as severe. With my Mom, we were gone over 24 hours, and he remembers. Oh boy, does he ever.

My poor mother. And my poor son! Who would have thought he would start this at 3 1/2 months???

1 comment:

  1. Oh, darlin....huge hug....it's ok. They do that. They do all kinds of things like that. During the "separation phase," (9-12 mos) he'll scream when *you* try to pick him up. :( During the toddler time, he'll scream when you try and help him with something, "I do it myself!!!" During the preschooler phase, he'll scream the first (and second) time you leave him at a class, then later scream if he has to stay home. It's not you. It's not your mom. It's not your mom-in-law. :)

    ReplyDelete