Wednesday, February 2, 2011

One-Handed


As I type this, I hold my sleeping son in one arm. In the past three months, since Liam was born, I have learned to do many things while holding a baby. For about the first 8 weeks he wanted to be held at ALL times. It was such a relief every day when my husband would walk through the door, and I knew I could go pee without having to hear Liam's screams. But for about the past 4 weeks or so, we have made major progress: he sleeps at night in his crib (instead of on me), he takes most naps in his crib (unless we just want to hold him), and he has serious board meetings in his bouncy seat with the turtle, the frog, and the snail. The frog gets a little mouthy sometimes, but otherwise he has a good time. These little bits of independence are only the beginning, I know, which is why I choose to hold him now as he sleeps.......

No comments:

Post a Comment