Sunday, February 13, 2011

Memory Lane




Aren't we cute? This is one of the first pictures taken of us as a couple, circa Spring 2006. Yikes! 5 years....

With the exception of the very first Valentine's Day we spent together, Will and I like to celebrate not on Valentines Day. My Aunt Joyce is coming over in a little bit for some snuggle time with Liam, and Mommy and Daddy are cashing in their Bonefish gift cards! Woo-hoo!

So of course today I've been reminiscing a little about our first Valentines Day. It actually started on February 13th. He had a dozen roses sent to my work, and the card read "Anyone can get flowers tomorrow. But you're not just anyone." I couldn't speak for at least 30 minutes. First of all, NO BOY had EVER sent me flowers before. And to my WORK! I worked at AAA at the time, and I had a member at my desk, and she just smiled at my flustered-ness. I really couldn't talk. Or even really look at them. For the actual day, he made use of his friend Brett's house (Brett's woman lived out of town, and he was with her :) ) and cooked me dinner. When he picked me up, there was a rose in the door of his car when I got it. And then two little bears holding another rose when I got to Brett's. He found some fancy pants Rachel Ray recipe online, bought all the ingredients (with a few phone calls to his mom from the grocery store for help), and then made me dinner. It was really good! We listened to music while he cooked, and I chose a Rascal Flatts cd. When "Broken Road" came on, we danced in the kitchen. We were so shy......

All in all, a magical night. Oh yeah, did I mention that he kissed me?
My last First Kiss was five years ago tomorrow. It has been the best 5 years of my life.

1 comment:

  1. Hazelnut Chicken - the recipe. :) From Brett's woman. :)

    ReplyDelete