Thursday, February 17, 2011

Our New Jobs



So after 2 weeks of unemployment, my husband goes and gets a job at a pizza place. Before he can even start, he is offered the job he had been hoping for (the more permanent, career-type job.) We celebrate, and I immediately tell my employer that I'll only be working Saturdays from now on. And then we learn that insurance is going to cost us 2 1/2 times what it did before. So then I freak out and start to apply for a nights and weekends job at Starbucks. This all happens in a span of 3 days.

Do we sound like people who need to just chill out for a second? Yes.

Do we sound like people who like to have everything planned out in advance for 50 million years? Yes.

Do we sound like people that God is still working on? Oh yes.


So, even though it doesn't make sense, tomorrow is my last weekday at the bank. Starting Monday, I will be a full-time Mommy. On paper, we're going to be seriously in the hole every month. But we have some saved up (we had hoped to use for a downpayment on a house), so we'll survive. I'm just hoping a generous family member wins the lottery in the next month or so :)

No comments:

Post a Comment