Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Baby


I'm learning a lot about God now that I'm a parent. Shocking, right? I really think that's why he let me be a Mom, so I would learn more about him. I can read things in a book, and have some understanding, but I learn much better through listening (like a sermon) and through experience.

What brought this train of thought on was my son's reaction to a diaper change yesterday. He hates having his diaper changed 99% of the time. Especially when it's time to eat, and he can see his bottle sitting on the table. But I have this thing about letting my little boy sit in his own waste. I just don't like it. So, before I feed him, I lay him down to check and/or change his diaper. I do this about 99% of the times that I feed him, so he really shouldn't be shocked. But every time I do it, he falls apart. His life is over. He is so hungry that he is going to die.

He doesn't realize that what Mommy is doing is actually a good thing, that it will help him in the long run. He doesn't know about diaper rash and UTI's and all kinds of other unpleasantries like those. All he can see is the bottle he's not eating. And he doesn't even realize that he'll be eating it in 2 minutes or less (I'm a pretty quick diaper-changer these days.)

How many times do we fall apart when we think God isn't giving us what we need? How many times have you cried your eyes out because things didn't turn out like you thought? I sure have. I'm such a baby.

But I'm God's baby. And He loves me more than I will ever know.

1 comment:

  1. Oh ohohohohohohohOH!!! I needed to read that this morning. You know, I think it's easy to forget things as we grow in Christ, and the thing I most often forget is what you wrote up there: "...I'm God's baby. And He loves me more than I will ever know." :)

    Instead, I keep thinking, "I'm God's big-girl, and I'm NOT doing the s*** I should be doing!" I felt led to go back and re-read some New Testament letters today, and I appreciate YOUR letter to the world today. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete