Saturday, April 30, 2011

Slacker? **edited**

My poor, sweet, neglected blog.......

You deserve better than this!

But it turns out, there may be a reason you have been so neglected.

My friend Dotty and her husband Justin/Houston came to my house last week. They are interested in some very interesting things; conversation with these two is never lacking! One of the major topics for our chat that evening was the personality types identified in the Meyers-Briggs personality test. They are very familiar with the different types, and to save me from having to take the test (I have my degree, I don't have to take no more stinkin' tests), they 'diagnosed' me. Turns out I'm an ISFP. I think. Dotty, you can correct me if I'm wrong. But whatever the name is, the description was very accurate. Not 100%, but you can't really create a system that will identify people's personality traits completely perfectly. I mean, with 6 billion or so people on the earth, it just ain't gonna happen.

But back to the issue at hand: my neglected blog. Turns out that an ISFP will usually get really excited about some new creative project, and then kinda get bored with it and move on. So that's why I have a violin, several half-painted canvases and a toolbox of paints, a half-finished scrapbook from Austria, and one Zentangle. The weight of guilt from years of never sticking with a craft or art form has been lifted! It's just who I am! God made me this way, and there's nothing wrong with it.

Now, about those sewing lessons......

**edit: I just remembered the knitting needles that are currently wrapped up in the scarf I never finished for my neice, and the second set of knitting needles that are wrapped up in one row of a blanket for Liam**

No comments:

Post a Comment