Thursday, April 14, 2011

Photog




I love photography. I always have. Even before I had a camera, I could sit for hours and look at other peoples' photographs. A teacher at school (like, elementary or middle school) was throwing out a bunch of National Geographic magazines one time, and I took them home and covered my walls in the beautiful photographs. In high school my aunt gave me an old 35mm camera that had been her ex-husband's. I LOVED that thing! Well, once someone showed me how to get the film out after I had taken pictures. I would almost always load it with black and white film, and I used that thing through college. When we got married, a different aunt and uncle gave us the amazing digital camera we have now. It was technically a gift for both Will and I, but we know who it really belongs to. I love this camera. But I have NEVER read the manual.

Wouldn't you think that someone who has a fantastic camera, and who DREAMS of being a photographer one day, would learn everything she could about her equipment? I'm so embarrassed. There are so many things I could have been doing with this camera, if only I would have read about it!

But I'm turning over a new leaf. The manual sits beside me, and it will be read before the weekend is over. Mark my words.

2 comments:

  1. Woot! :) Go to www.shonastudio.blogspot.com, and you'll see this amazing lady who wrote "the Artistic Mother." She mixes her awesome photography, poetry, and mixed-media for some stellar results. And she loves Jesus, which makes it even more fun. You'll love her stuff. And OMGosh, I love the pic you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dotty! It was one of those pictures that I saw, then took, then thought, "Where in the world where I ever be able to display that?" Glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete